|ARK-LA-TEX CHILDREN'S CLINIC|
|"A Healthy Beginning For A Healthy Life!"|
Feel free to call during clinic hours for anything that concerns you. After clinic hours, please call only with urgent situations. When calling after hours, our answering service will connect your to our after hours clinic nurse.
When leaving a message, please give the following information:
We or our nurses will return your call as soon as possible. Please be advised that if we are having a busy day in the office, routine calls may not be returned until the lunch hour or at the end of office hours. If you feel your child's need is URGENT and cannot wait for a call back, please notify the receptionist. Also note that if you leave messages during the lunch hour, they will likely NOT be returned until our staff has returned from their lunch break. If your child has an URGENT issue during lunch hours, please notify the receptionist so you can be connected to a nurse or doctor available within the clinic. Your call will be returned. If you do not feel your call has been returned within a reasonable amount of time, please call back. Occasionally our phones experience technical issues, and we may not have received your call.
- Name of the child, age, and date of birth
- Your name and phone number
- Whether or not this is an emergency
- When it is best to return your call
- The name and phone number of your pharmacy if you are needing a medication called in.
- The problem or complaint and any associated symptoms.
- Duration of illness or time of injury.
- Medications or "remedies" previously tried.
- Any known allergies.
- It is best to call early in case your child needs to be seen that day.
- Remember that illnesses cannot be diagnosed over the telephone and our nurses cannot diagnose medical conditions.
- Remember that the telephone should be used for brief discussions only.
- Call for prescription refills before you are out of medicine. We request at least 24 hours notice.
- It is helpful to have pencil, paper, and telephone number of your pharmacy handy when calling.
- If there is ever a malfunction of telephone equipment or no answer, call the answering service directly at 677-5907. They will contact us.